Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween = -o

Halloween is a funny holiday for adults and children. I like this holiday because we can wear scary or funny costumes. Last year, I and my husband had the first Halloween day in the US, we craved a big pumpkin and we made a terrifying face and we put it in our patio to share celebration with our neighbors. We enjoyed our time because it was a new experience for us. Also, I enjoyed Halloween day this year because it was the first time for my child to celebrate with other children, he wore a mouse costume, ate some cookies and read some stories that was wonderful time full of unique memories. One of my friends called me in Halloween day and she tolled me there is something important I want to tell you, I will come to your home now. after awhile she knocked the door and she was wearing a mask that was very scary because I didnt eexpect that. In the KSA, we don't have such a day in this time, but during the holy month of Ramadan children traditionally celebrate by wearing traditional clothes and knock the doors in the neighborhood asking for candies. We call that "Gergaiaan" and it is similar to "Trice or Treat" in Halloween and that is why children desire this month to get as much as possible of candies. Also, people try to provide old tradition candies to make the children recognize our old candies from the past. In addition, in my country we dont have any day exprese the scary holiday about death peopel.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I really like the picture you your husband and baby (I'm assuming that is your husband, right?). So cute!!
I'm glad that you enjoyed the day.